Sunday, 1 June 2008

What am I going to do?



The challenge I have set myself is the Coast to Coast W2W mountain bike ride 175 miles of tough riding through some of the finest scenery the UK has to offer.
The beneficiary of the funds I manage to raise is the Neurocare Charity based in Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield.
Not for some random reason have I decided to do all this, my Dad was recently a patient at the Hospitals neurosurgery unit where he was fitted with a platinum coil to stop an artery leaking into a vein. Unfortunately, although the procedure was a success, six weeks after the surgery he suffered one of the rare risks of the operation, a stroke. In my Dad's case the stroke has proved to be a severe one affecting the left side of his body and his ability to move is totally diminished at the present time.
Anyhow to kick start the fundraising today I attended the Tom Simpson memorial site in Harworth Nr Doncaster where i'd arranged for the good ladies of the local church/W.I to have a bake off and sold the proceeds for the appeal fund. The plan was to entice the public with the gorgeous aroma of freshly baked sausage rolls and chocolate cakes and once they were hooked, get them to sponsor me as well. I am pleased to say that the combined effort raised £210. Not bad.

No comments: